Google’s Top-Rated Futurist Speaker
IBM’s Most Award-Winning Engineer
Over the past decade, Futurist Thomas Frey has built an enormous following around the world based on his ability to develop accurate visions of the future and describe the opportunities ahead. Having started seventeen businesses himself and assisting on the development of hundreds more, the understanding he brings to his audiences is a rare blend of reality-based thinking coupled with a clear-headed visualization of the world ahead. Predicting the future has little value without understanding the driving forces behind the trends, subtle nuances that can be leveraged, and implications for both the people directly affected in the industry as well as others farther down the technological food chain.
Before launching the DaVinci Institute, Tom spent 15 years at IBM as an engineer and designer where he received over 270 awards, more than any other IBM engineer. He is also a past member of the Triple Nine Society (High I.Q. society over 99.9 percentile).
As part of the celebrity speaking circuit, Thomas continually pushes the envelope of understanding, creating fascinating images of the world to come. His keynote talks on futurist topics have captivated people ranging from high level government officials to executives in Fortune 500 companies including NASA, Disney, IBM, Federal Reserve Bank, TED, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, Visa, Frito-Lay, Toshiba, Dow Chemical, KPMG, Siemens, Rockwell, Wired Magazine, Caterpillar, PepsiCo, Deloitte & Touche, Hunter Douglas, Amgen, Capital One, National Association of Federal Credit Unions, Korean Broadcast System, Bell Canada, American Chemical Society, Times of India, Leaders in Dubai, and many more.
Thomas has been featured in thousands of articles for both national and international publications including New York Times, Huffington Post, Times of India, USA Today, US News and World Report, Popular Science, The Futurist Magazine, Forbes, Fast Company, World Economic Forum, Times of Israel, Mashable, Bangkok Post, National Geographics, ColoradoBiz Magazine, Rocky Mountain News, and many more. He currently writes a weekly “Future Trend Report” newsletter and a weekly column for the Futurist Speaker Blog.
Futurist Thomas Frey
Futurist Thomas Frey on stage at Monterrey Tech University in Mexico City.
The Thomas Frey Experience
Thomas Frey speaking in Des Moines, Iowa
Thomas pushes far beyond the limits of conventional wisdom, often talking about extreme futures and building intriguing “what if” scenarios as a tool for discussing far reaching implications. His presentations not only stretch the imagination but also challenge current thinking.
Tom’s thought-provoking dialog and intense delivery enables audience members to grasp new possibilities and concepts while comprehending the salient touch points he presents. New ideas have a way of infusing audiences with energy and Thomas has the uncanny ability of touching on the most poignant trends, invigorating everyone who attends.
All talks are custom tailored to mesh with the goals of the event organizers as well as those who attend. While his mind may have been traveling to the far reaches of the future to put your presentation together, he’s very much present, ready to tackle the immediate challenges your audience faces, when he takes the stage.
Forever a student of the world, as his talks take him to many countries around the earth, Tom has developed original insights and first hand experiences that go far beyond the conventional stories of others. His talks provide up to the minute worldwide scientific data along with expert global trend forecasting.
While it’s easy to wallow in the trouble filled underbelly of life, Thomas sees every problem as an opportunity and keeps all of his talks positive and upbeat, steeped in the wonderment of possibilities. These opportunities are every cloud’s silver lining, and we truly do have spectacular futures and fortunes that lie ahead.
When hiring a professional speaker, one of the key differentiators is the audience experience. Thomas not only comes to each talk loaded with just the right amount of humor, candor and motivation, but also emotes tantalizing information bits, provocative knowledge and innovative ideas that people can immediately use to gain a competitive edge in their field.
The many facets of Thomas Frey’s Life-Changing Audience Experience include:
- Journeying into the Future: The future is not a destination. It doesn’t end when we get there. Rather, each talk is a journey into the future that can best be described as a series of great stories told from resting points along the way.
- Engaging Delivery Style: The kind of thought-provoking dialog that Thomas brings to the stage requires an intense delivery style that enables the audience to become connected with and immersed in the revelations while grasping the possibilities and feeling the salient touch points.
- Cutting Edge Thinking: Although some speakers offer creative insights into the world around us, Thomas pushes far beyond the limits of conventional wisdom by talking about and embracing extreme futures while building intriguing yet palatable “what if” scenarios as a tool for discussing far reaching societal implications.
- Stretching of the Imagination: Much like the way physical exercise strengthens the body, an “imagination workout” has a way of strengthening the mind. Frey’s presentations not only stretch the imagination but have a way of jolting one’s brain into an alert and aware state.
- Positive and Uplifting Message: It’s far too easy to wallow in the underbelly of life, finding all the things that can and will go wrong. However, this is not part of the Thomas Frey Experience. Every perceived problem creates an opportunity. When confronted with dark clouds, their silver linings are what can propel us to a better and brighter future ahead.
- Energizing Ideas: New ideas have a way of infusing audiences with energy. Thomas has an uncanny ability to find people’s raw nerve endings and tease them with mental ‘carrots’ designed to energize and invigorate their thinking and perceptions.
- Challenging Assumptions: Too often our thinking gets stuck because it’s anchored in the stale old thinking of the past. Our ability to craft a better future stems from our capacity to break through these barriers and focus on the opportunities that lie ahead.
- Personable Nature: We live in a world where, in spite of all our advanced communication technologies, people remain dreadfully detached from one another. Finding a speaker who cares about the people around him and enjoys their company is a rare treat.
- Custom Tailoring: All talks are custom tailored to mesh well with the goals and attitudes of the conference organizers as well as attendees.
Thomas Frey book signing in Seoul, Korea
His long anticipated book, “Epiphany Z: 8 Radical Visions for Transforming Your Future” is captivating the attention of a whole new generation of forward thinking business leaders. Epiphany Z is a dynamic approach to envisioning, comprehending, and ultimately thriving in the radically different futures emerging around us at the speed of light. Frey’s unparalleled ability to detect emerging trends from the smallest of clues gives him an edge on other futurists.